-----Original Message-----
From: xxx [mailto:xxxx@xxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2002 5:32 AM
To:
Support@Promise.com
Subject: please help - need a recommendation
dear all,
I' experienced that seagate barracude 4 harddisks do not perform very well if used in a stripe set (raid 0), this is obviously due cache-timing problems... and seagate seems not be able to cope with this misbehavior in near future (via firmware-update, or should I call it 'bugfix'?); As a single drive it works very well, but in a stripe set...
My System consists of:
Athlon 1,4
2x 256mb DRAM
MSI KT266
Fasttrak 100 TX2
* * * So I would like to know which harddisk(s)/brand you can recommend to reach max. performance with raid 0. (Fasttrak 100TX2) * * *
Thx in advance!
With kind regards,
Thomas xxxx
*****************************************
Hi Thomas,
Maxtor hard drives would be the best to use in a stripe configuration.
Best Regards,
Vincent Ngo
Technical Support Rep
1745 McCandles Drive
Milpitas, CA 95035
http://www.promise.com
vincentn@promise.com
1-408-228-6402
"It Is All About Your Data"
"Powered by IDE RAID"
mfG,
exacta
